Wednesday 22 June 2016

5 Bite Size Reviews

Hello!

It has been a while, hasn't it? What, half a year? Time passes too quick! Anyhow, sometimes I guess we just want to read reviews, but have them be quick, concise and to the point right? So I'm back this round with five mini reviews on a few products I have used/been using. Hope you enjoy! 




NIVEA HYDRO CARE LIP BALM
A good, simple lip balm is how I would best describe this. It does a pretty decent job in moisturising lips and protecting it from drying out. If the lips are chapped, I would not go so far as to say that it repairs chapped lips, but it certainly helps soothe and relieve chapped lips. It has a very light pleasant scent (bordering on scent-free) – nothing that irritates the nose. I like applying this before heading to bed and it keeps my lips soft and supply all night long. Basically, this 4.8grams goodie is affordable and effective. I like.

MAC AMPLIFIED LIPSTICK IN ‘UP THE AMP’
This lippie was my first venture into MAC Cosmetics. I had been eyeing it for ages and decided to take the plunge and purchase it. Boy, am I glad I did. Up the Amp is a beautiful lavender purple which I think looks gorgeous on many skin tones. Some may call it a bold colour to pull off but I really feel that it is not that outrageous (there are crazier colours out there!). This baby has a slight vanilla-ish scent and comes in an Amplified finish, i.e. a cream finish. It glides easily and feels creamy on the lips, but is not as moisturising as I would like for a lipstick with this finish. The good thing though is that it does not transfer too easily and the finish is quite natural looking – it has a slight shiny sheen that makes the lips look plump. The shade, however, is so unique that honestly, I cannot be fussed about any flaws it may have. It is just too pretty!

BOURJOIS PARIS CREAM BLUSH IN ‘01’
The shade ‘01’ is a pretty peach-pink which gives a natural-looking flush to the cheeks. It applies with a tiny hint of red on my cheeks but I really like how it instantly makes me look healthier. I think this would suit many skin tones too. This cream blush has a light floral scent which does not last once applied on the skin, so those who dislike scented blushes should find no issue with this. The cream-to-powder formula is also really nice – it is easy to pick up the product and blend it into the skin, and it gives a very natural finish. Although it turns to a powder finish, it does not look cakey or heavy on the skin and it stays on my skin pretty well too (about 6-7 hours). The packaging is so convenient – the plastic casing contains 2.5 grams of product and there is a magnet to clasp it shut. The mirror in it also makes it easy to tote this around. It also did not break me out or caused me rashes/irritation. Yay for that!




CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER
A basic cleanser with minimal ingredients, this is a good choice of cleanser for those with sensitive skin. It gently cleanses the skin without stripping it and leaving it feeling tight. My face feels soft and well cleansed after using this. For those with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, this may be a suitable alternative as a body cleanser if your normal body wash leaves the skin feeling dry and itchy as it really is so gentle. My oily skin friends do not find this very effective though, as they say it does not leave their skin feeling clean and is a tad too mild. I guess when it comes down to skincare, what works for one may not work for another. As for me, this is definitely staying in my 'top cleansers' list. 

ANTIPODES DIVINE FACE OIL
All my dry-skin lovelies, look no further - this face oil may just be what you need. Infused with lovely natural oils such as macadamia nut, rosehip and jojoba, this face oil gives just the right amount of moisture to hydrate the skin. It also contains avocado oil which claims to help reduce the appearance of lines, age spots and scars. I cannot vouch for its claim on fine lines and age spots but I can say that it does keep my skin hydrated and supple. I use about 2-3 drops at night and it sinks in quickly to my skin without leaving it feeling too greasy or oily. I read that some sensitive skinned folks are adverse to natural oils contained in certain products but I had no issues with this one - no breakouts, rashes, irritation. This has a light herbal scent too which is oh-so-calming - what is not to like?!



That's it for my bite size reviews of these lil' babies. Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? =D


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D